The field of microbiology is moving exceptionally fast, in part because it can take full advantage of the new developments in microscopy, computational biology, synthetic biology, lab-on-chip approaches and single-cell technologies.
The new breakthroughs and technologies in microbiology do not only allow a better basic understanding of microbes and life in general, they also open new routes in applied and industrial microbiology. Emerging Applications of Microbes is specifically aimed at the links between the newest knowledge and applications. We aim to provide you with a platform to discuss and exchange ideas with fellow researchers.
With the meeting only a few weeks away, what better way to prepare then to see what the speakers have been up to lately.
Here are some of the latest articles that they have published:
- A scalable peptide-GPCR language for engineering multicellular communication.
Billerbeck S, Brisbois J, Agmon N, Jimenez M, Temple J, Shen M, Boeke JD, Cornish VW.
Nat Commun. 2018 Nov 29 Pubmed.
- Anti-CRISPR-mediated control of gene editing and synthetic circuits in eukaryotic cells.
Nakamura M, Srinivasan P, Chavez M, Carter MA, Dominguez AA, La Russa M, Lau MB, Abbott TR, Xu X, Zhao D, Gao Y, Kipniss NH, Smolke CD, Bondy-Denomy J, Qi LS.
Nat Commun. 2019 Jan 14;10(1):194. Pubmed.
- Discovery and Characterization of Cas9 Inhibitors Disseminated across Seven Bacterial Phyla.
Uribe RV, van der Helm E, Misiakou MA, Lee SW, Kol S, Sommer MOA.
Cell Host Microbe. 2019 Feb 13;25(2):233-241.e5 Pubmed.
- Gut microbes alter the walking activity of fruit flies.
Nature. 2018 Nov;563(7731):331-332 Pubmed.
- Pervasive function and evidence for selection across standing genetic variation in S. cerevisiae.
Jakobson CM, She R, Jarosz DF.
Nat Commun. 2019 Mar 15;10(1):1222 Pubmed.
- Tools for engineering coordinated system behaviour in synthetic microbial consortia.
Kylilis N, Tuza ZA, Stan GB, Polizzi KM.
Nat Commun. 2018 Jul 11;9(1):2677 Pubmed.
- Mucispirillum schaedleri Antagonizes Salmonella Virulence to Protect Mice against Colitis.
Herp S, Brugiroux S, Garzetti D, Ring D, Jochum LM, Beutler M, Eberl C, Hussain S, Walter S, Gerlach RG, Ruscheweyh HJ, Huson D, Sellin ME, Slack E, Hanson B, Loy A, Baines JF, Rausch P, Basic M, Bleich A, Berry D, Stecher B.
Cell Host Microbe. 2019 Apr 15 Pubmed.
- The neuroactive potential of the human gut microbiota in quality of life and depression.
Valles-Colomer M, Falony G, Darzi Y, Tigchelaar EF, Wang J, Tito RY, Schiweck C, Kurilshikov A, Joossens M, Wijmenga C, Claes S, Van Oudenhove L, Zhernakova A, Vieira-Silva S, Raes J.
Nat Microbiol. 2019 Apr;4(4):623-632 Pubmed.
Registration for the meeting is open until May 20. Find out more here: Emerging Applications of Microbes.