How to register for a conference: a step by step guide
If you're interested in attending a conference please follow the next steps:
- Please go to the homepage and choose the conference you would like to attend
- On the specific conference page scroll down until you pass the images and you see the orange button which reads 'Register for this event'.
- This will scroll you down to the ticket selection, please select your ticket and press 'add to cart'
- The 'Overview tickets' screen will display the cost of your current purchase, you can choose to add tickets if you like, once you're done please click 'checkout' at the bottom
- You will then have to select if you're a 'VIB Collaborator' or a 'Visitor'.
- If you're a VIB Collaborator please log in with your SPOC account, you will be redirected to the ticket overview page and press 'checkout' at the bottom to continue.
- If you're a Visitor and have an account please log in, you will be redirected to the ticket overview page and press 'checkout' at the bottom to continue.
- If you do not yet have an account please select 'Create a New Account'
- Once you've filled in the form you will be sent a confirmation e-mail
- Click the link in this e-mail and you will be taken back to the account page, please click continue to go back to the ticket overview window and press 'checkout' at the bottom
- Please fill in the personal info of the person attending the conference and if you want add a conference dinner to the shopping cart
- add coupon codes if you have received one
- click 'next' at the bottom
- You will be asked for some additional info:
- how you heard about the meeting
- click next
- Please check your customer info
- If incorrect please edit it
- click next
- Please fill in the Billing info
- if you require an invoice, please check the mark and fill in the VAT number
- add an external reference if needed
- press next
- Select your prefer payment method
- you will be redirected to the payment window, please fill in your card details and press continue
- Your registration is now complete
If you experience any problems during this process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm a VIB Collaborator and want to register
If you want to register for a VIB Conference you will need a project code and job allocation. This will be used to process the payment for the meeting. Please ask either your group leader or administrative assistant for more information regarding these codes.
After creating a new account I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, what do I do now?
Not receiving a confirmation e-mail is often linked to two causes:
- The e-mail got delivered to your spam folder, If that folder is empty or you didn't receive it, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
- The e-mail address you entered is not correct. As a result the confirmation e-mail will bounce and you will never receive it, if so please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
My payment has failed, what do I do now?
A failed payment can occur due to different causes.
BROWSER - The problem can be linked to the browser you use, or even the browser version. Make sure to try another browser to see if that's the case.
FIREWALL - If this doesn't help, we suggest to try to do the registration on another computer in another place. Some firewall settings don't allow people to do payments to unknown suppliers. In some companies that is the case, and this blocks the user to finalize a payment.
CREDIT CARD - Last but not least, you should also be aware that some banks have certain suppliers on a black list. As a consequence your bank does not allow you to pay to the supplier. To prevent this, we advise you to get in contact with your bank and ask them to check if our domain is recognized as a trusted supplier.
If these suggestions don't make a difference , we suggest you send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will look for a solution.
What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee includes:
- access to the conference sessions
- all conference materials
- welcome coffee and coffee breaks
It does not include:
- conference dinners
- hotels costs
- travel costs
I need an invoice
All participants automatically receive a payment confirmation after registering for a conference. If you need an invoice, please tick the corresponding box ‘I need an invoice’ during the registration process and add your VAT number.
Invoices can be requested up to 2 weeks after an event. After this period, requests will no longer be answered.
I want to cancel my registration, how does it work?
In case you want to cancel your registration, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
All notifications received 2 months before the start of the event, get refunded for 100% minus an administrative fee of 50 euro.
All notifications received between 1 and 2 months before the start of the event, get refunded for 50% minus an administrative fee of 50 euro.
Cancellations requests received less than 1 month before the start of the event won't be refunded.
I don't receive e-mail updates
Once you are registered for one of our conferences, you will receive e-mail updates. In case you don't receive any updates, this means the e-mails don't find their way to your inbox. This can be caused by different factors:
- Check your spam-folder: It is possible you did receive your e-mails but they got stuck in your spam folder. This means your e-mail client doesn't see our email@example.com account as thrust worthy.
- Confirm our e-mail account in your e-mail clients' white list: A white list is a record of the e-mail accounts that are valuable and thrust worthy. To prevent problems in receiving e-mails, it is important to add our e-mail account to your client's white list.
- Your organization's server settings: In case our e-mails don't get to you, it is plausible that they got blocked by your organization's e-mail server firewall. To prevent this you can ask your IT admin to check if the domain of your e-mail account is not on the server's blacklist.